House in need of a makeover? Maureen Bray, a collegue from Room Solutions in Portland, Or, covers some great points.
It happens to the best of us ... we get a little older, and signs of age start to creep up slowly but surely.
A wrinkle here, a worn out part there, blotchy colors, and suddenly you're tired and feeling your age .... sigh .... it happens.
Don't worry ~ with a little "cosmetic surgery" you'll be as good as new. And it won't cost a fortune, I promise! If you're about to put your home on the market, all you need is a little cosmetic help from your professional home stager -- Think of us as your House Doctor. Here's what we can do for your tired and dated home:
- We'll walk through your home with you (your agent is welcome to join us) and give you sound and cost-effective advice on how to best prepare your home for selling. This process usually takes two hours (sometimes longer).
- Painting fresh, neutral colors is an instant "face lift" for a home ... buyers LOVE to find a home that's move-in ready. We can tell you all the best colors to use for today's buyers (hint: it's not white!)
- Is your home suffering from dated window coverings that have seen better times? No problem, we'll suggest that they be removed (along with the old hardware too). We want buyers to see a light, bright space so they can imagine themselves living here. Today the best window coverings are simple ones that let in a lot of light. We can tell you what to buy for a reasonable cost, and where to find them.
- We see a lot of dated, worn out light fixtures in homes on the market. Buyers don't want to bother changing them out -- and they might just say, "let's go to the next house on our list" so let's take care of that right now. Fixtures in brushed nickel and oil-rubbed bronze are classic favorites. Use whatever finish works best with the other elements in your home. Especially important are the entry, dining room, living or family room, master bedroom, and bathroom light fixtures. Let's change those first!
- Is your flooring old, creaky, cracked, or faded? If so, let's freshen it up with something new! If you have hardwoods hiding under old carpet, surgically remove it and reveal the beautiful asset underneath. Replace carpeting that's worn and past its prime. Consider new tile, vinyl, bamboo or Marmoleum flooring ... buyers will be relieved it's one more thing they don't have to tackle.
- Check your kitchen appliances. If they're old and look like rejects from the scratch & dent place, it's time to consider replacing them. There's no need to buy top-of-the-line unless your home is in the upper price ranges. Decent quality that's new or near-new is a smart option.
- Sometimes your house needs just a "tweak" or two to bring it up to par -- and your furniture may need to be thinned out and some of it put into storage so that buyers can see how spacious the house really is.
- Remember that with all cosmetic procedures, it's important to be sure your home is *sparkling* clean, top to bottom ... especially windows, kitchens, bathrooms, doors (every surface has to shine).
- Last but not least, we'll talk about curb appeal and how important it is for buyers. They'll decide right away if they even want to see the inside. Some of your landscaping may need radical surgery ... some of it just a little pruning. Is the grass lush and green, or is it pale and thinning? Either way, we can tell you how to fix it FAST.
Don't be afraid to take the first step -- contact your local professional home stager for a consultation. We promise, you won't even need pain medication -- it's a completely pain-free process. For a very reasonable fee, you'll save time and money making sure your home stands up well when compared to others in your market area. Looking good can lead to a faster sale!
*** *** ***
If you're located in the Portland metro area, we'd love to help your home look its best. For less than $200 we provide a Home Staging Verbal Consultation. Our clients love our home staging statistics and our dedicated customer service. Contact us @ 503-246-1800 to schedule your appointment!
© Redesign Etc.,Inc. 2006-2013. All Rights Reserved.
Redesign Etc. of Houston is a Full-Service real estate staging company. We stage vacant, occupied, builders specs, condos, townhomes, vacation rentals and commercial property. We offer furniture & accessory rentals at competitive rates. Insured & Incorporated with the State of TX.
Owner, Cindy Bryant has earned the RESA-PROTM designation, holding professional home stagers to the highest industry standards, ethics, integrity and proficiency in staging techniques while protecting Homeowners and Real Estate Agents.
Please visit our portfolio of before and afters and website for more information. Check out our profile page too! Check out our sister sites for the Houston Bay Area League City Home Staging and Galveston Home Staging. Please contact Cindy Bryant for more information or call 281-748-2170.
Areas Served: Houston, River Oaks, Tanglewood, Bellaire, Piney Point, Mid-Town, The Heights, Montrose, Texas Medical Center, The East End, West Loop/Galleria/Memorial, Downtown, Museum District, West University, Spring Branch, Royal Oaks-Lakeside, League City, Clear Lake City, Friendswood, Kemah, Seabrook, Pearland, Sugar Land, Spring, Cypress, Tomball, The Woodlands, Kingwood. And all areas down to Galveston Island.