Another informative blog by Sharon Tara from New Hampshire. All home stagers are not alike, nor do they all offer the same service. It is like comparing apples to oranges.
Putting your house on the market? One of the most important decisions you will make is choosing the professionals who will help you sell. Not all Realtors and Home Stagers are created equal.
Just because they are professional, it doesn't mean they are proficient.
In order to choose the right professionals, you are going to have to invest some time.
This is not a decision to take lightly.
You are going to have to ask a lot of questions.
Get your ASK in gear if you want to get your house sold!
When choosing a professional, it is best to interview at least three candidates. Don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions...you are depending on them to help sell your greatest asset.
Questions to ask Realtors include:
- Are you full or part time?
- Do you work predominantly with buyers or sellers?
- How knowledgeable are you with my area?
- Do you have a website and/or blog? How often do you update your website or blog?
- How do you intend to market my property other than listing it on MLS?
- Will my property be listed on your website?
- Do you use video?
- What will the cost be? Are there any fees beyond your commission?
- Will I be working directly with you or with an assistant?
- Can you provide references?
Questions to ask a Home Stager include:
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you specialize in occupied or vacant properties?
- Are you familiar with my area and do you know the target buyer for my home?
- Do you have a portfolio of your work?
- Are the photos of your actual work, or do you use stock photos?
- Do you provide digital photos of your completed work? What is the cost?
- Are you registered with the state?
- Are you fully insured?
- What are your rates?
- Can you provide references?
NOTE: At this time there is no independent organization that certifies or licenses home stagers, and no government oversight regulating home staging business practices. If a home stager has a designation after their name, it comes from whatever training courses they have taken.
Ask questions to get answers to what is important to you. You are not looking for the "best" realtor or stager. You are looking for the best realtor or stager for you. Make your selection based on the answers given and how comfortable the people make you feel.
CLICK HERE TO RECEIVE FUTURE POSTS AUTOMATICALLY VIA YOUR EMAIL
Professional Home Staging services for the New Hampshire Seacoast
Portsmouth Rye Hampton North Hampton Exeter Dover
© Redesign Etc.,Inc. 2006-2013. All Rights Reserved.
Redesign Etc. of Houston is a Full-Service real estate staging company. We stage vacant, occupied, builders specs, condos, townhomes, vacation rentals and commercial property. We offer furniture & accessory rentals at competitive rates. Insured & Incorporated with the State of TX.
Owner, Cindy Bryant has earned the RESA-PROTM designation, holding professional home stagers to the highest industry standards, ethics, integrity and proficiency in staging techniques while protecting Homeowners and Real Estate Agents.
Please visit our portfolio of before and afters and website for more information. Check out our profile page too! Check out our sister sites for the Houston Bay Area League City Home Staging and Galveston Home Staging. Please contact Cindy Bryant for more information or call 281-748-2170.
Areas Served: Houston, River Oaks, Tanglewood, Bellaire, Piney Point, Mid-Town, The Heights, Montrose, Texas Medical Center, The East End, West Loop/Galleria/Memorial, Downtown, Museum District, West University, Spring Branch, Royal Oaks-Lakeside, League City, Clear Lake City, Friendswood, Kemah, Seabrook, Pearland, Sugar Land, Spring, Cypress, Tomball, The Woodlands, Kingwood. And all areas down to Galveston Island.