Another meme, I never got to the first two, but better late than never. Gary Barnett from Home Matters from Indianapolis, IN tagged me. So here is my very late, untimely Christmas meme...my friends and family would expect nothing less.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I like to make opening gifts last as long as I can.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I love the smell of real trees, but I have an artificial one.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually, sometime after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually sometime after Thanksgiving. It's actually still up.
5. Do you like eggnog? I can't say I like it, I'll drink it if it's given to me. But I couldn't drink a big glass of it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably one of my dolls, it looked so real, and was tiny. It melted in the attic of my parents house.
7. Hardest person to buy for? I can't think of a specific person, but it would be someone that can and does buy anything for themselves.
8. Easiest person to buy for? The nieces and nephews, they all want money now that they are older.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Mine got burned in a fire.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I prefer to mail Christmas cards, but this year, I didn't get any out!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A patched leather billfold from an in law.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Old movie "Miracle on 34th Street", Newer movie "National Lampoon Christmas Vacation" our family can so relate to that one!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Back in the day right after Thanksgiving, and throughout the year. With the adults, if they see something they like, I say "Give it to me, it'll be your Christmas present". Not much surprise, but they prefer it!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can remember.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Desserts of course, my moms pralines, pecan pie, sugar cookies with the frosting on them.
16. Lights on the tree? I like all white.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I have several, "Mary Did You Know", and some that the "Trans-Siberian Orchestra"play. I don't actually know the names. Plan on going to see them in concert tomorrow night in Tulsa.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Travel to OK to see my family. Would like the whole family to go to Hawaii for the week. It's too cold up here! I like the heat!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Not without using google.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I like the looks of a star, only because angels never seem to sit straight.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning...anticipation! When I was a kid, I could hardly sleep, getting up all night trying to catch Santa. I never did!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The crowds.
23. What theme or color are you using? At my house, no particular theme. At my moms, we did Santa's downstairs, and snowmen upstairs.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner. Hands down homemade "Cornbread Dressing" with cranberries, the jellied ones. I could eat a whole can of that red congealed cranberry glop, isn't that gross!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I don't need anything. But since that's not the question, I'll say, I can't have what I really want! I'll just leave it at that...
I'm not tagging anyone since Christmas has come and gone.
© Redesign Etc.,Inc. 2006-2013. All Rights Reserved.
Redesign Etc. of Houston is a Full-Service real estate staging company. We stage vacant, occupied, builders specs, condos, townhomes, vacation rentals and commercial property. We offer furniture & accessory rentals at competitive rates. Insured & Incorporated with the State of TX.
Owner, Cindy Bryant has earned the RESA-PROTM designation, holding professional home stagers to the highest industry standards, ethics, integrity and proficiency in staging techniques while protecting Homeowners and Real Estate Agents.
Please visit our portfolio of before and afters and website for more information. Check out our profile page too! Check out our sister sites for the Houston Bay Area League City Home Staging and Galveston Home Staging. Please contact Cindy Bryant for more information or call 281-748-2170.
Areas Served: Houston, River Oaks, Tanglewood, Bellaire, Piney Point, Mid-Town, The Heights, Montrose, Texas Medical Center, The East End, West Loop/Galleria/Memorial, Downtown, Museum District, West University, Spring Branch, Royal Oaks-Lakeside, League City, Clear Lake City, Friendswood, Kemah, Seabrook, Pearland, Sugar Land, Spring, Cypress, Tomball, The Woodlands, Kingwood. And all areas down to Galveston Island.