Palm Beach County Home Stager Kathy Streib posted Home Staging Tips about Dogs when selling your home. Almost everyone has some type of pet, and they are part of our family, but not everyone is used to them, and alot of people are extremely allergic (myself being one them). Kathys shares some great tips here.
Home staging tips in Boca Raton: Must Love Dogs is NOT everyone's movie.
If you plan on selling your house in Boca Raton, don’t forget...not all Buyers are pet lovers. “Must Love Dogs” may NOT be your Buyer’s favorite movie.
While you are cleaning, updating, editing and repairing items in your house, don’t forget that our 4 legged friends and their impact on your house need some Staging as well.
As much as we love our dogs, cats, birds, and Guinea pigs... when you’re selling house they can become a distraction. And, distractions real or perceived, inanimate or alive, can derail the sale of your house.
Buyers may be focusing on your cute and cuddly Golden Retriever or they could be wondering how quickly they can leave because they can’t stand the odor. In any event, they’re not looking at your house!
Home Staging Tips:
1. Get a 3rd Party/non-partial nose! Our own noses can become immune to odors that hang around every day. Ask your Realtor, neighbor, relative, friend .. even your enemy to give the “nose test” to your house.
2. Clean, wash and deodorize your pet's bedding, bowls, cages and toys.
3. Clean and deodorize your carpets... replace them if they have become soiled or worn.
4. Fabric or upholstered furniture will retain odors so the fabric needs to be cleaned and deodorized as well.
5. Repair areas that may have been damaged... for example if your pet loves to rub against the wall or furniture, it can leave behind not only their hairs but also the oils from their body which can darken the area. Check with your manufacturer for safe cleaning methods. Check door jams for dark oily rub stains from your dog.
6. Finally... don’t forget to give Rover a bath... often.
* Remove pet water bowls, toys, bedding etc when your house is being shown.
* Arrange to have your pet (as well as yourself) out of the house during showings. It’s not only good for your Buyers but for your pet as well.
* Vacuum your house daily,
Don’t even think of trying to cover up any odors with lit candles ( too dangerous) , simmering potpourri, or freshly baked cookies.
Buyers will not be fooled by this.
Remember- if you’re selling your house in Boca Raton, these home staging tips can help you get it sold!
© Redesign Etc.,Inc. 2006-2013. All Rights Reserved.
Redesign Etc. of Houston is a Full-Service real estate staging company. We stage vacant, occupied, builders specs, condos, townhomes, vacation rentals and commercial property. We offer furniture & accessory rentals at competitive rates. Insured & Incorporated with the State of TX.
Owner, Cindy Bryant has earned the RESA-PROTM designation, holding professional home stagers to the highest industry standards, ethics, integrity and proficiency in staging techniques while protecting Homeowners and Real Estate Agents.
Please visit our portfolio of before and afters and website for more information. Check out our profile page too! Check out our sister sites for the Houston Bay Area League City Home Staging and Galveston Home Staging. Please contact Cindy Bryant for more information or call 281-748-2170.
Areas Served: Houston, River Oaks, Tanglewood, Bellaire, Piney Point, Mid-Town, The Heights, Montrose, Texas Medical Center, The East End, West Loop/Galleria/Memorial, Downtown, Museum District, West University, Spring Branch, Royal Oaks-Lakeside, League City, Clear Lake City, Friendswood, Kemah, Seabrook, Pearland, Sugar Land, Spring, Cypress, Tomball, The Woodlands, Kingwood. And all areas down to Galveston Island.